Monday, November 17, 2008

Win for the Wolfpack!

What can I say...we bleed NC State red in our household. I am obviously an adopted fan who has been a loyal follower since 2001. My fanatical husband can not get enough of the Wolfpack. He talks year round about our football team and is practically salivating in August gearing up for the 1st game. The boy loves this team. He loves it so much, he and 4 friends bought a van, painted it red and white with a wolf's mouth on the front, and got the coach to autograph the side...the Amatomobile is on her last legs, but we love her and she has given us many good times.

Adam constantly updates me on our latest recruits...I love him and don't have the heart to tell him that it goes in one ear and out the other. He goes home from every game without a voice and he and his brother crack me up when they call or email each other 20 times during the game. We have had some good times throughout the years watching the Wolfpack play...no matter how much we stink.

We won this weekend! It's always a nice surprise when that happens. I will have to say that the best thing about our relationship with the Wolfpack for me is our friends with whom we tailgate. There are about 20 of us who are life-time rights ticket holders to the games. We have been tailgating and cheering together for many years.

This weekend was our turn to cook with our wonderful friends, the Nooe's...Adam gets so excited when he cooks for people...especially when it involves a pig. He cooked ribs for the first time ever and they actually were pretty darn good! I will have to say, I think we had a pretty nice spread!

We had a great time at the game...we had first timers, Jill and Heath Thomas (my good friend from Texas A&M and her hubby) join us and it was a blast having them. Although it rained on us for half of the game, the girls had a great time chatting up where it was nice and dry while the guys got drenched.

We pulled off the win against Wake Forest...way to go Pack!

1 comment:

Keepin' Up with the Joneses said...

Looks like fun. I want to tailgate with the McIntyre's!