Saturday, November 14, 2009

The Transformation

It all happened so fast...

My moppy-headed little boy is officially a changed little dude. I spied this cute little barber shop in downtown Wake Forest. First thought..."Oh, how cute...the barber swirl outside, the old school chairs, the 6cent Cokes in glass bottles, the wood panelling with the dead animals on the walls...this will be a great spot for Graden's 1st official haircut outside of Nana's beauty salon, where he has gone since the inception of life."

Little did I know, the barber was born in 1918...yep, 91 years old. Can a 91 year old really keep his hands that still? When he gave Graden 2 choices, a beauty shop little girl haircut or a big boy haircut, Adam knew we were in trouble. I kept asking Adam why he didn't think he could stop the old guy from cutting, he just replied, "It all happened so fast...I told him what we wanted!" I knew it was a conspiracy.

We have laughed and laughed about this story...Adam actually had my friend, Kelli drive Graden down our cul de sac because he was so afraid of my reaction. I laughed and I cried...

No comments: