Saturday, January 23, 2010

I Luv Lu, Gaga!

Watching a child learn to speak is such an amazing thing. It truly is mind boggling to me how they go from not being able to utter a single sound except for a squeal at the inception of life to talking in sentences by the age of two.

Harper has really started to chat up a storm in the last few weeks. She's 21 months old and knows what she wants...she is very opinionated and is constantly squealing "mine" at the top of her lungs. Guess she's almost 2, huh?

My heart melted when her jumbled words that sounded something like "hulabaloo" (gig 'em ags) turned into "I luv lu, mama". Ahhh, that is priceless when you hear that for the first time as a parent. There is nothing more authentic and genuine than a child's innoncence and absolute love for his/her parent. I could have just eaten her up when she said that with her eyes as big as quarters, smiling from ear to ear, dimples as big as ever.

So that I don't forget where she is right now in her life, the following is a list of translations for her most favorite words of the moment:

Gaga/Gagi= Graden
Glanny= Granny
cuk= cook (she loves her new kitchen she got for Christmas)
poo= pool
baff= bath
bully= bunny (her constant companion)
boppy= paci/pacifier (her other constant companion that we can't seem to get rid of!)
picku= pickle
pway= play
pees owt= peace out
lala= water

I'm sure there is much more to add to the list, but this is what comes to me off the top of my head. More to come...



No comments: